Monday, November 3, 2008

Trying Hard Cook

I can clean the whole house. I can wash the clothes. I can do the dishwashing. I can do all these stuff perfectly except of one chore which is uncontrollably and controllably neglected by me. I DON"T COOK VERY WELL.

Uncontrollably, because my mother does the cooking at home or if my mother is not around, she assigns my elder sister to cook our food.When I was in college, we just cook our rice and buy our viand outside. And even until today, I don't get to cook our food.For convenience sake, we still buy outside.

Controllably neglected because I chose other chores. I don't exert much effort to befriend the spurting hot oil in the frying pan. I find it hard to get the right taste for others to like my cooking.

But I can remember well when I was in elementary, I saw in the tv ad a scrambled egg with evap milk. I tried it and was so excited to have it tasted by my family but it did not met thier standards. And last saturday, I made a pancake and I got the same negative reactions. But I don't feel bad about it. In fact we just laughed and tried to decode what might have gone wrong with the recipe. I promised myself that whenever I go home, I'll cook for my family.And this time I said to myself, somehow I can master the craft.

I guess, I love cooking after all...

No comments: