Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I DO"

Last August 23, 2008, a very close friend of mine finally walked down the aisle, a beginning of a new chapter of her life.

I was able to witness how hard it is to get things ready for the wedding. Well, good for those who can afford to hire a wedding planner. I've seen her with her make-up on yet still going to the kitchen to check if the viands are ready or the accessories during the church ceremony are prepared. But she doesn't mind at all. And when I saw her infront of the altar, everything's paid off.

The priest gave a very excellent homily. He said that during the ceremony, the man or the woman are quick to say yes to each other, to tell thier promises for each other.(in richer and in poorer, in sickness and in health till death do us part). But after 5, 10. or 20 years and when storms come thier married life,could they still renew thier vows? That was the striking question of the priest for the couples and singles alike who were present there.

Well for my friend, I hope and pray for thier married life to last forever.

No comments: